Autumn Wonderland

I don't know about you, but when I think of the irony of the autumn leaves gaining their most beautiful colors in that time of year closest to the death of winter, I can't help but realize that the experiences of a lifetime bring us to autumn years with a rich mental state of development that we yearned for so desperately in our youth. A young mind trying to survive the complexities of the world with no experience is much like a starving man trying to survive. In the same way the autumn of seasons brings out the greatest beauty in nature, so also the autumn of life brings out the greatest beauty of our minds, and hopefully our lives as well. It's one of those facts that is hard to recognize simply because it is not novel, and our minds are programmed by society to only notice novelties.

Every single time I hear this song, the tears stream down my cheeks over a smile, and like a recent convert to a religion enjoying a worshipful hymn, I feel my spirit soar in worship at the grandeur of nature.

The beauty of autumn is a thing so beautiful, it can break the heart with pleasure.


No comments:

Post a Comment

the-null-set

the-null-set