All Things Gothic and Beautiful

The Gothic culture is a culture of unparalleled beauty.

People can shit on Goths all they want, but all that proves is they don't appreciate beauty. I pity them their tragic ghetto perspective. Gothic culture is the only trend in history, that I'm aware of, where aesthetics are not merely a feature of the culture, but beauty and sentiment are revered, are experimented with constantly, and basically worshipped. That makes it unique. I can absolutely do without the depression, the homophiles, and the drug culture that goes right along with it, but that's what Magick is for--applying our will to a paradigm, applying the proper kind and degree of force, in the proper manner, through the proper medium, to the proper object, and thereby shaping it into what we want instead of how we find it.

There is epic beauty in the world for those with the audacity to explore it, and the backbone to resist compulsion that cuts it short--and The Gothic Culture is a powerful agent in doing so.

Post all your favorite Gothic music, videos, art, writings, favorite authors, or anything else you like! 

...and thanks to my good friend Firedrake, for reminding me of The Culture of Beauty. I don't know how I forget, or why I'm not in this mode all the time, but it's good to be back on the path again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

the-null-set

the-null-set