Karl Pilkington might quite literally be the single dumbest sonofabitch who ever lived, and I would bet the house he couldn't build a toaster. Still, he's also one of the most interesting people ever, and I would choose his company over just about anyone's for a long list of reasons. At the top of that list is the fact he is really trying to understand, and that's the great redeemer (Jesus get out!)--someone who tries to understand gets most people's sympathy, because we've all been there. We've all been in that situation where we hope those smarter than us will not squash us like bugs because we don't understand--when we're really making an effort.
The cosmic irony about this, is that he actually does get it right sometimes, and dare I say it, he's often quite brilliant. Perhaps "often" is a bit generous, but I feel like celebrating when he hits the mark, because like us all, he's had a victory in a difficult situation.
You can keep your boring commercial sports and your futile political campaigns, I want to see Karl figure out the world!
Unfortunately for Karl, learning is painful--yet another thing he didn't know before he began his quest for truth, and put it on the air with his shows An Idiot Abroad, and The Ricky Gervais Show (Both of which are free on youtube), but that's just life, and Karls is a painful one.
As an avid fan, a huge supporter, and his biggest fan, I love torturing the shit out of Karl to help him in his quest to understand the world.
Won't you join us in torturing the shit out of this moron?

No comments:
Post a Comment